Monitoring Systems for Checking Websites on Accessibility
The Competence Center on Digital Accessibility of the Stuttgart Media University released the results of a scientific study on „Monitoring Systems for Checking Websites on Accessibility“.
The goal of this study was to identify a monitoring system on the market that is best suited for the needs of the university. We evaluated various factors, e.g. coverage of WCAG criteria, percentage of errors found, percentage of false positives. Also, we evaluated the usability of the systems based on a user study.
The monitoring systems that were evaluated in the study are (in alphabetic order):
- Deque: WorldSpace Comply (now called axe Monitor)
- Pope Tech
- Siteimprove: Accessibility
- The Paciello Group: ARC Monitoring
The presentation slides of the English and German versions of the webinar can be found in the following attachments:
- Webinar Monitoring Systems for Checking Websites on Accessibility (English slides as PDF)
- Webinar Studie über Monitoring-Systeme zur Überprüfung von Websites auf Barrierefreiheit
(German slides as PDF)
- Preprint: Monitoring Systems for Checking Websites on Accessibility (English preprint draft of the paper as PDF)
- Supplementary files for the preprint paper draft (MI Cloud link to supplementary files for the pre-print draft of the paper)